All recipes are Wake Robin originals. Feel free to use and modify as necessary - we only ask for acknowledgement in return. If you have any questions you’re welcome to contact us.
• 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire and soy sauce (can sub 1/8c of Dale’s for soy)
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• Couple dashes of hot sauce
• 1/4 c of one of the following: Apple juice, molasses or honey
• Several sprigs of fresh rosemary, thyme or lemon thyme and sage.
• Let meat soak for at least 3 hours - better if overnight.
• This amount is adequate for about one lb of lean meat - double or triple as you see fit. It can be frozen. Enjoy!
8 cups water
2 cups dried elderberries
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp cloves
1 tbsp dried ginger
2 tbsp nettle
2 tbsp lemon balm
2 tbsp echinacea root
2 tbsp rosehips
2 tbsp hibiscus
Zest of 1 orange (optional)
Add all ingredients to stock pot and bring to rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Uncover and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes. Strain through a cheesecloth. Mash berries and squeeze cloth to get every last drop. Allow to cool and add honey. Store in fridge.